It's not something you hear every day.
"You're out of touch with reality."
You know it's true. You've known it for a long time, you just never realised that this is what has been holding you down.
And you begin to wonder: How far away am I? Have I built a world inside my head to keep myself safe? Have I become a different person without noticing myself slip away? What do I do now?
I don't remember my life anymore. All I see is whatever is directly in front of me. All I hear is my own voice, crying for help. All I taste is the food that I miss. And I miss it because it made me feel like I was in another world.
How do I come back from where I am now? How do I get back in touch?
What if I was never in touch?
Except as a child. I can remember being a child, but I don't remember being alive today.
So there is nothing I can do, I suppose. I could try to become a child again, but what would happen to me then?
I would be nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment